6.02.2008

Gardening?!?



Ok so the family that lived in our house before us were like super gardener's ..... I mean seriously.  And I am like wait what is a gardening?  So I have been attempting to garden the last few weeks and am proud to say that I went and bought flowers ALL BY MYSELF, I did have to have my mom explain what an annual and perennial were and what weeds looked like, yes I know I am ridiculous and just don't have a clue!  I just went and grabbed some "pretty" flowers and only two have died out of like 50 .... so I think it was successful .....  Anyways I went out yesterday and the family prior to us had planted two big peony plants and they are blooming and look gorgeous!  Peony's are my favorite flower and I was SO excited that I have some in my yard and that I didn't have to plant them! :) I am totally still learning, but at least I am trying right??

6 comments:

the Eggett's said...

Yeah! Your flowers are beautiful, good work! That is a nice plus that the previous owners were great gardeners too, though :) I am really struggling with my flowers right now.

Andrea Harper said...

Nice work! I seriously am the least domestic person out there, so I really have no idea how to do all this "grown up" stuff. Gardening? What is that? Ha. No but seriously, it looks like your yard is beautiful, good job! I totally agree that we need to get together and do something...and soon!!

Heather said...

Good Job Jess!! I am so naive when it comes to gardening, I want to I just don't even know where to start but WOW it looks beautiful! You are gonna have to teach me. And your Mom is SO good at all that stuff :)

Anika said...

I think it looks beautiful! We still need to come and see the baby!

Osborne Family said...

Well done... it looks so good... I planted some tomato plants and I think I am a little to proud of myself... Now lets see if you can keep the plants alive, the whole summer. That is the tricky part.

joanna said...

They look great! You don't look like a beginner, and you make me laugh about not knowing what a weed looks like, you are great Jess!